Deltic Legacy FAQ
- What did Deltic shareholders receive in the merger?
- In the merger, each share of Deltic Timber common stock owned by a Deltic Timber shareholder will be converted into the right to receive 1.80 shares of PotlatchDeltic common stock.
- I was a Deltic Timber shareholder. How do I receive the PotlatchDeltic shares and dividends post the February 20, 2018 merger?
If your shares are held in “street name” your Deltic shares will be tendered on the date of the merger and PotlatchDeltic shares will be issued to you automatically. Contact your broker to ensure you have received your PotlatchDeltic shares.
If you possess actual share certificates, you will receive a Letter of Transmittal (LT) from Computershare with complete instructions. Complete the LT and submit it with your certificates. We recommend that you retain copies of everything you submit. The exchange will be completed approximately two weeks after your submission is received by Computershare. You will receive a statement reflecting your PotlatchDeltic Corporation merger consideration, which will be issued in book entry shares (Note – PotlatchDeltic Corporation is a certificateless company, certificates are not available). Once your shares have been exchanged for PotlatchDeltic Corporation shares, you will receive the cash dividends from Computershare.
- What happens to fractional shares?
PotlatchDeltic will pay cash in lieu of any fractional PCH common share that a Deltic Timber shareholder would have been entitled to receive.
- What are the U.S. Federal income tax consequences of the transaction to U.S. holders of Deltic common stock?
A U.S. holder of Deltic common stock will not recognize any gain or loss upon the exchange of shares of Deltic common stock for shares of Potlatch common stock in the merger
A U.S. holder of Deltic common stock will have a tax basis in the shares of Potlatch common stock received in the merger equal to the tax basis of the Deltic common stock surrendered in exchange therefor
A U.S. holder of Deltic common stock will have a holding period for shares of Potlatch common stock received in the merger that includes its holding period for its shares of Deltic common stock surrendered in exchange therefor
Please refer to page 101 of the Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus dated January 17, 2018 on the PotlatchDeltic Investor Relations website.
- Why is PotlatchDeltic required to pay Deltic Timber’s previous “earnings and profits”?
As a result of the merger, Potlatch will succeed to all of Deltic’s “earnings and profits” for U.S. federal income tax purposes, and in order for Potlatch to maintain its REIT status following the merger, it must distribute all of such earnings and profits prior to the end of 2018.
Please refer to page 102 of the Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus dated January 17, 2018 on the PotlatchDeltic Investor Relations website for additional details.
- I have misplaced my share certificates. What should I do?
Contact Computershare, the transfer agent at 1.800.522.6645 or at www.computershare.com.